Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Welcome to My World

...the world of Red Bull.  Just kidding.  Those commercials are dumb.  Oh, look at me, I'm a super-daredevil motocrosser getting paid inordinate sums of money to do a trick and then look into a camera and say some cheesy line.  Yeah, not buying it.

Anyways, my name is Peter Sowards.  I am a junior at Eastern Washington University.  I am a journalism major and contributing writer for The Easterner, EWU's student newspaper.  I like turtles.  And I've created this blog to serve a dual purpose:

  1. I love the excitement of the NFL Draft and I'm going to live-blog (at least) the first round for my own amusement, and
  2. This blog will serve as my "signature project" for the Advanced Reporting class in which I am enrolled.

The scene inside draft central at Radio City Music Hall in New York City


My professor has a pretty good sense of humor, so I'm hoping he will take to my deadpan approach on this blog and overall comedic styling.  I fancy myself as somewhat of a humorist, but I realize that not everyone thinks I'm George Carlin.  I'll instill a bit of comedy as I see fit, but this blog will be mostly dedicated to the continuous updates of draft rumors and eventual selections and trades.

I'm still toying with the overall layout of the blog.  Bear with me.  It will be subject to a lot of changes over the next 24 hours.  I'm not anticipating a huge onslaught of traffic in initial launch, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue, but I feel it necessitates forewarning. 

And with that, we're off!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment